European Day of Carers
Caring for loved ones constitutes a noble and crucial role that millions of individuals assume on a daily basis. However, this duty frequently presents challenges that can not only affect the well-being of caregivers but also impact their capacity to maintain a satisfying equilibrium between their work and caregiving responsibilities. Achieving this equilibrium is significant for several reasons:
- Emotional and Physical Well-being: Caregivers dedicate significant emotional and physical effort to their caregiving responsibilities. Striking a balance between work and caregiving is essential to ensure that caregivers allocate time for self-care, relaxation, and their own well-being, thereby preventing burnout.
- Financial Stability: Many caregivers grapple with the challenging choice of reducing their work hours or even leaving their jobs to fulfill their caregiving duties. Preserving a harmonious synergy between work and caregiving is critical for maintaining financial stability and securing their future.
- Quality of Care: An imbalance between work and caregiving can lead to stress for caregivers, ultimately affecting the quality of care they provide to their loved ones. Striving for balance allows caregivers to bestow the attention and care their loved ones truly deserve.
- Professional Advancement: Caregivers often harbor professional aspirations and a desire to nurture their skills. Balancing work and caregiving empowers them to continue their professional journey without sacrificing their caregiving obligations.
- Social Connection: A lopsided work-life-care scenario can result in social isolation. By attaining balance, caregivers can partake in social activities, sustain relationships, and prevent feelings of loneliness.
SupportCare aims to empower and support informal caregivers for people with dementia, offer tools and knowledge to prevent negative impacts on informal caregivers’ health and well-being, and break the stigma around dementia.
A project website was developed and is available in every partner language, with information about the project, updates about the next steps and access to the project’s deliverables.
Learn more about our project on: https://www.supportcare-project.eu/